Save The Planet: Earth Day!

Earth Day is just around the corner, and it is by far one of our favorite holidays to celebrate! Just in case you live under a rock and don’t know what we’re talking about, let us fill you in on what this day is all about. Earth Day is a worldwide annual celebration that is held to show support and promote awareness for environmental protection. This day is and should be important to all of us because due to our massive means of production and consumption, coupled with most people’s reckless attitudes toward the environment, we have done some serious damage to this planet we call home. However, it’s not too late to save the earth! We can still make the planet a better place for the future. Here are five ways you can contribute to the protection and efficiency of the planet straight from your home, Roscoe Brown style:

 

  1. Update Your HVAC System – Upgrading your HVAC system to a newer, energy efficient model will be a huge first step in helping protect the environment. A majority of your energy bill comes from the heating and cooling of your home through your HVAC system. An out of date system could be costing you a fortune and using an unnecessary amount of energy, which ultimately harms the planet.

 

  1. Get a Programmable Thermostat – Not only will switching to a more forward thinking, programmable thermostat save you money, it’ll also use a lot less energy and make your home just that much more energy efficient for the environment. Plus, they can sync with your smart phone and allow you to control your thermostat energy usage from wherever you might be. How cool is that?

 

  1. Fix Water Leaks – We are depleting the earth’s available fresh water supply at an alarming rate, so don’t let any go to waste through plumbing issues! Roscoe Brown offers residential leak detection services that will identify hidden leaks inside and outside of your home. Checking for leaks in your home will not only help conserve water, but it will also save your home from extensive water damage.

 

  1. Better Insulate Your Home – If your home was built in the last 30 years then there’s an 80 percent chance it doesn’t have enough insulation. Adding the right amount of insulation to places like your attic and crawlspace can reduce your heating and cooling bill by close to 20 percent! Not only that, it makes your home even more energy efficient and less damaging to the environment because your HVAC system will not have to work as hard or as often.

 

  1. Get a Tankless Water Heater – Free up some space and make your home more efficient for the environment by tanking your old, bulky water heater for a new tankless model. You will see the difference in your energy savings from a tankless water heater in the first month’s bill. We recommend switching to this model because, aside from the saving energy, it will never run out of hot water and last you for over 20 years!

 

Join Roscoe Brown in saving the earth by using these five ways to make your home more environmentally friendly and efficient! Whenever you’re ready, give us a call at (615) 893-6972!

 

If you’re in the Murfreesboro area, stop by and see us Saturday, April 22, at Murfreesboro’s Earth Day Celebration. We’ll be giving away a free laundry pro to one lucky person!