Hello Sweet Springtime: 5 Things To Do This SeasonPosted on
After battling through Tennessee’s bipolar weather this winter, it looks like springtime is finally here, folks. It’s time to wake up to birds chirping a morning song outside of your window, the sweet smell of flowers filling the air, the greetings of fresh rain and misty mornings, and the echoes of frogs from the woods. Springtime means finally getting out of the house to enjoy all the fun activities our state has to offer. Here are some ideas that Roscoe Brown thinks you will have a blast doing this spring:
- Visit Murfreesboro’s new dog park – Murfreesboro has recently finished building their second dog park. The new park is located at Cason Trailhead and includes a large area of fenced-in land, a pavilion with tables and benches, a playground, and a water fountain for dogs.
- Hike Machine Falls Loop Trail in Tullahoma – This is a great trail for adults and children that want a peaceful hike with a rewarding view. The trail is a 1.6 mile loop that includes a waterfall and a number of activities along the way. Dogs are also allowed on the trail as long as they are kept on a leash.
- Visit Nashville’s Farmers’ Market – The market is home to a wide variety of produce, foods, and finds from people ranging from farmers and food artisans to crafters and flea merchants. Nashville’s Farmers’ Market has been bringing the best of local goods to the city since the early 1800’s. Get out to the market and try some of the best local produce and eatery that Nashville has to offer!
- See the Tulips at Cheekwood – Each year Cheekwood’s 55-acre botanical garden and art museum becomes covered with over 150,000 blooming tulip bulbs, making it one of Tennessee’s top cultural attractions. If the beauty of springtime in Tennessee could be captured in one picture, it would be of the amazing view of Cheekwood’s tulips.
- Visit McMinnville’s Civic Center – With a past of hosting legendary performers like George Jones, Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks, and Alan Jackson, you could say McMinnville’s Civic Center holds its place in Tennessee history. The civic center offers many ways for people to enjoy springtime through things like its various sports fields, concerts, and the popular Gilley Pool that includes a water playground, diving boards, and water slides.
We hope you have a chance to get out and enjoy these fun activities this spring! If you do, share it with us on our social media.